Tungsten balls are beneficial and helpful for things where you required excessive hardness and wear resistance. They have an immense range of applications as they are useful like they are applicable for bearings, valves, ball screws, and flow meters. Also, they are highly versatile because of the use of different grades, making them suitable for use in coins and tip the gauges and tracers as pivots to detent.
Moreover, this tungsten ball ensures a lifetime warranty and are immensely strong and inert. It is why they are ideal for making tungsten rings that save you a lot of money. Also, it is perfect and famous for its hardness, wear resistance, corrosion resistance, and bending resistance. Therefore, it is ideal for extreme conditions and is beneficial for the application that is mention above.
Let’s look at some of its classifications and tungsten ball pros and cons, making them ideal for tackling extreme conditions.
Classifications And Applications Of Tungsten Ball
The tungsten carbide ball has a surface finish level with good wear resistance and dimensional stability. These tungsten carbide balls are also ideal for gauging, grinding media, bearings, hydraulic valves, checking diameters, and many others.
Primary Grades Of Tungsten Ball
The application of the tungsten carbide ball varies from grade like listed below:
- WC92% + 8% Ni, which makes them ideal for corrosion-wear situations, is resistant to pH 2 to 3.
- WC92% + 8% Co, which provides more wear resistance
- W85%-97%+Ni+Fe Tungsten balls, which is suitable for the field of shots and counterweight such as Oil drilling balance, the fish pendant, Ball valves, Shotgun bullet, and bearings, Armor-piercing bullet
- 95%Pure tungsten balls, which are perfect for aerospace, electrical Instrumentation, aviation, laboratory.
Mechanical properties of tungsten
Following are the mechanical properties of tungsten ball
- Maximum useful temperature
- Specific gravity
- Magnetic properties
- Modulus of elasticity
- Ultimate compressive strength
- Transverse rupture strength
- Ultimate tensile strength
Pros And Cons Of Tungsten Balls
Tungsten has essential and highly immense mechanical properties, which make it highly beneficial for industrial use. These properties of tungsten make it an ideal material for manufacturing higher quality material, also ensure that the tools will last much longer due to their hardness.
Now industries can keep their tool and goods for a longer duration and help avoid downtime during critical projects. So, these tungsten carbide balls are highly beneficial for enterprises. Here are some of its benefits.
- suitable abrasive and corrosion resistance
- professional manufacture
- go through in-process and final inspection
- high quality and high hardness
- stable and reliable quality, long lifetime
- made from 100% virgin materials
- The labor intensity, scrap rate, and human intervention are minimized.
- They can increase the quality of numerous products by making quality, and dimensional tolerances enhanced thoroughly.
- Cost-effective metal for enterprises
- These balls can reduce replacement and downtimes.
- purity without recycled materials
- They have high sensitivity to crack and severe conditions and brittleness. Also, they are unable to withstand high temperatures, which can lead to dangerous accidents.
- It contains fretting wear and tears issues that cannot be neglected.