The tungsten carbide button is a tough alloy made with tungsten carbide, a button offering high wear resistance and good corrosion resistance. The general grades of tungsten carbide include;
YG4c, YG6, YG8, C, YG11C, YG 13C, and YG15C – you see? Different grades have different applications. Now let’s talk about the types of carbide buttons, which include;
- Conical Button – the tungsten carbide conical buttons with conical tooth point is more suitable for oil drilling.
- Wedge buttons – Tungsten carbide wedge buttons are mainly used to install cone drilling and impact drills, drilling soft or medium-hard rock. And, it is also used for another drill with an alloy sheet.
- Coal buttons – YG8 is the general grade for tungsten carbide coad buttons, which with high hardness, high strength, and so on.
- Road buttons – tungsten carbide road buttons are frequently used in open-pit mining, quarry, hydropower projects, drilling wells, and mainly for drilling hardness is not a high rock formation.
- Flat buttons – the flat tungsten carbide buttons are mainly used for oil field mines with porcelain drilling and retaining diameter teeth, which have excellent wear resistance and impact toughness.
- Claws buttons – tungsten carbide claws buttons come with an extended use cycle. Life is about 5-6 times with the same diameter drill bit, saving person-hours and reducing manual labor.
- Spoon buttons – tungsten spoon carbide buttons are used to set the cone bit to break the rock in the way of cutting, suitable for high-speed drilling of the soft rock.
- Mushroom buttons – also known as carbide buttons teeth because of their shape similar to the name of mushrooms. The size is precise, enables solid welding, and is used in DTH drills, which is not an easy to cut teeth.
The Applications of carbide Button
Due to its high hardness and other incredible features of hard alloy, this metal is widely used in the mining, quarrying, and cutting process, which can also be placed in the heavy excavator bit. It’s further used in snow removal, snow plow machines, oilfield drilling, and other equipment.
The difference between Tungsten Carbide & Carbide Button
there was a tungsten carbide, then comes the tungsten carbide button! The main difference between tungsten carbide and tungsten carbide buttons is the quality, as all tungsten isn’t created equal.
Tungsten Carbide Button Is a High-Speed Machining Tool Material obtained By Powder Metallurgy. It Consists Of A Softer Metal Bond And Hard Carbide, Usually Tungsten Carbide WC Particles And Composition.
These days, There Are Numerous WC-Based Tungsten Carbides Present With Different Compositions, Many Of Which Use Nickel (Ni), Cobalt (Co) As A Binder, And Chromium (Cr), And Other Additives Can Be Added.
The lousy quality tungsten carbide rings can cause awful skin responses as these rings utilize cobalt as a fastener.